• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from South Eastern Washington State, USA!

tobraham

I just found this wonderful resource of a page, and wanted to say a quick 'hello' to you all before delving into the various sections of this forum. I recently purchased "apistogramma borellii steel blue" from an LFS and need help with an ID. Upon researching these fish, the apistogramma I purchased do not seem to look like many juvenile 'steel blue' that I've seen. These may not be borellii at all.. but they may be the hybrid steel blue. Could someone help me ID these three beauties in my tank? They seem to have a blue sheen to them with a yellowish sheen on the top of their heads and tips of the top fin. Eyes appear to be yellow or a light orange. All three seem to be about 3/4'' long and are fairly shy.

zOrQ9XQ.jpg
1MlrZCB.jpg
nT2yt9r.jpg
9hRo55h.jpg

Thank you so much! And I hope to learn a lot and have a lot of fun on these forums in the future.

Ben

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….