• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sp.miua?

acaramania

New Member
Messages
13
Got some pictures of unidentified apistogrammas from rio negro. Also got videos of it but hard to recognize the species because of bad quality.


In the video I found some pertensis group species but have no idea what the rest is.
Seller says some of them look similar to sp miua, but not sure
 

Attachments

  • new_KakaoTalk_20260930_215554056_02.jpg
    new_KakaoTalk_20260930_215554056_02.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 8
  • new_KakaoTalk_20260930_215554056_01.jpg
    new_KakaoTalk_20260930_215554056_01.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 8

Frank Hättich

Well-Known Member
5 Year Member
Messages
860
I can't watch the video, it just tells me there is an error. The fish in the first picture might be A. cf. sp. Miua (Demini/Yellow). In the middle of the second picture I see one of the many forms of A. (cf.) pertensis. The fish in the lower left corner might be A. cf. sp. Miua (Demini/Yellow). The two fish on the right look like a third species to me, one possibility would be A. gephyra. However, to be more certain about the Miua and gepyhra, better pictures are needed. If possible: abdominal markings, caudal spot and caudal pattern of the supposed Miua and shape of caudal fin including caudal pattern and dorsal fin of the supposed gephyra.
 

acaramania

New Member
Messages
13
I can't watch the video, it just tells me there is an error. The fish in the first picture might be A. cf. sp. Miua (Demini/Yellow). In the middle of the second picture I see one of the many forms of A. (cf.) pertensis. The fish in the lower left corner might be A. cf. sp. Miua (Demini/Yellow). The two fish on the right look like a third species to me, one possibility would be A. gephyra. However, to be more certain about the Miua and gepyhra, better pictures are needed. If possible: abdominal markings, caudal spot and caudal pattern of the supposed Miua and shape of caudal fin including caudal pattern and dorsal fin of the supposed gephyra.
Thank you as always for your helpful answers. Learning a lot from your past threads and replies. Just received a message from the seller that some of them are showing additional bands under the lateral band. It’s been seven years since I last saw sp. Yellow miua imported to Korea. Very excited to keep them in my tank
 

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
18,791
Messages
125,158
Members
13,675
Latest member
Phap

Latest profile posts

Re-designing and starting a new fish room all over again. This time we'll have many more Apistsogramma species. We are expanding.
dimandobson wrote on Arnold's profile.
hi
dimandobson wrote on Ben Bergman's profile.
Hi Bergman. I have a pair of breeding dwarf cichlid for sale. if you are still looking, drop me your whatsapp number and i will send some videos to your whatsapp
martin_c wrote on illumnae's profile.
Hi,

just in case you happen to live in Germany (or Netherlands): I have a wildcaught female A. psammophila, you could have it for free. I have no use for it anymore.

BR
Martin
Top