• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Abacaxis

Yandy

My latest addition
4159d554f9d0ed06e75f0b7adcd3ad02.jpg
9cb160645e144d77ff4ffe7d0690b418.jpg

In a planted 60 litre both doing well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chris1805

5 Year Member
Maybe I am wrong here, but i think the second photo is a sneaker male and not a female. I’ve had abacaxis myself and my females always showed a black stripe in the fins underneath the belly. They also never had the sparkling spots in the tail.

Hopefully Frank or Mike can help us out here.

Yandy

Thanks guys I am going to put some more photos up of what I thought was the female.
I have been wondering as the behaviour has been normal for Apistogrammas female

chris1805

5 Year Member
That picture is not good enough, but again, sparkling spots in the tail and looks like the fish is developing purple lips, which again is a male feature.

Yandy

Thanks Chris
Il try for a better picture but i do agree with you.
I have been trying to get them to breed lol. Never stop learning in this game

chris1805

5 Year Member
I think the easiest sign for you to look at would be the black stripes in the fish underneath the belly. I will attached a picture of my female abacaxis as a reference for you.

8C72DF35-23C3-4F2E-A233-5267D6A25EAB.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….