• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi Everyone!

Yvonne G

Administrator
5 Year Member
I'll be honest and admit I know nothing about fish of any kind. I'm here to help with the spam deletions and approval or rejection of new members.

Hopefully I'll get all the spam off the forum in a timely manner, and look at each new member to make sure they really are 'new members' and not spammers.

I'm an old lady with lots of time on her hands. My specialty is turtles and tortoises, and I belong to Tortoise Forum. org. I've been getting rid of spam on that forum for quite a while now, and Josh asked if I would help over here on your forum too.

I'll check your forum several times during the day, and there won't be any need for any of you to 'report' the spam. I will see it and zap it off into the ether. But if you ever do need to contact me, my email address is emys emys @ pac bell . net (with no spaces).

gerald

5 Year Member
Welcome and THANK YOU Yvonne; I'm sure your services are in high demand! Many of us here love turtles and tortoises too. I keep eastern box; my oldest female has been with me for 30 yrs.

Yvonne G

Administrator
5 Year Member
Welcome aboard Yvonne! The spam seems to be quiet for the past couple of weeks. Maybe you've already been working on it?

No, it was pretty much under control when I popped on the scene. But I will be banning IPs, so even though they can come up with new IPs, this does seem to slow them down.

Yvonne G

Administrator
5 Year Member
Thank you again. What turtle and tortoises do you have?
p

I have over 100 individual animals and about 15 different species. Plus I operate a turtle and tortoise rescue. "Rescue" means I rehab them then find good homes for them.

I guess if I had to pick, the Manouria would be my favorite.

Yvonne G

Administrator
5 Year Member
My very first tortoise, Mi-Shell, is a desert tortoise and I've had her for over 30 years. When I got her she was already full grown, so I'm guessing about 30. That would make her about 60. Since I'm 79, she falls short!

But I have TWO that WEIGH more than me. Do they count?

BO and SO (the Bigger One and the Smaller One) are Aldabran tortoises hatched in 2000 and weigh over 200lbs each.

Aldabran's mazuri 10-4-14.jpg
animal butts.jpg

gerald

5 Year Member
MsBox.06560cr.JPG MsBox.06566cr.JPG MsBox.06557cr.JPG Here's my "old lady" - she's grown very little in the 30 years she's lived with me, so i'm guessing she was full-grown (at least 8 yrs old) when I found her. Note the odd "split" vertebral scutes: 7 scutes in a staggered row, rather than the usual 5 in a straight row. None of her surviving offspring had this. (i found a half-eaten hatchling once with 6 scutes). Shrews, ants, or other predators get a lot of them.

aarhud

5 Year Member
Great pictures. Do those 200 pounders eat you out of house and home?!

Gerald,
your "old lady" is stunning.

Are tortoises a demanding interest? I have always loved box turtles. I don't see as many as I used too.

Yvonne G

Administrator
5 Year Member
They mainly graze on the grass and weeds in their yard, but I do also give them greens and vegetables.

I spend about an hour in the morning feeding, watering and picking up after them. Then another half hour or so in the evening making sure everyone has gone into their sheds or shelters. But that's because I have so many. If there were only one or two, it would be a piece of cake.

Linus_Cello

5 Year Member
Guessing you live in CA or some place that's warm year round. Looks Like you have a dog too.

Does anyone have aquatic turtles. Would love to try a hognose with fish.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….