• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help with female Apisto Macmasteri while other fish having ich???

Cookie_apisto

I just finish the first treatment of Rapid cure for my fish due to the ich problem but the ich isnt cure yet so I did a 30% water for do a second treatment. After the water change I didnt dose the second treatment right away because I need to go out for a bit but then after I came back I found out that my female A. macmasteri just laid her eggs inside the flower pot. I am wondering if I should do the second treatment or not now? Temp is 83F

central tanks

Im not familiar with treating ich, iv never had it before. However personal id treat the fish that are sick even at risk of the eggs being killed from the treatment. Even if the eggs did hatch if the fry got ich they would likely die very quickly, treatment wouldnt help them most likely. Id say dose to treat your fish. Id wait to see what anyone else suggests tho. Maybe pulling eggs and treating fish and try to hatch eggs yourself in a diffrent tank

Cookie_apisto

Im not familiar with treating ich, iv never had it before. However personal id treat the fish that are sick even at risk of the eggs being killed from the treatment. Even if the eggs did hatch if the fry got ich they would likely die very quickly, treatment wouldnt help them most likely. Id say dose to treat your fish. Id wait to see what anyone else suggests tho. Maybe pulling eggs and treating fish and try to hatch eggs yourself in a diffrent tank

I just dosed yesterday and all the fish got better. The eggs havent hatch yet but it seem like it looks normal after dosing the medication.

central tanks

I just dosed yesterday and all the fish got better. The eggs havent hatch yet but it seem like it looks normal after dosing the medication.

Good to hear!! If the eggs dont hatch out at least the parents are healthy and can always make more!! Ill cross my fingers for you that all that damn ich has died away!

gerald

5 Year Member
I just dosed yesterday and all the fish got better.

The fish may LOOK like they "got better" if their ich cysts dropped off, but that's because the cysts matured, not a result of the medication. The med (if it works) will keep the free-swimming ich larvae (trophonts) that emerge from the cysts from re-attaching to the fish. In other words, it takes a few days for the med to have any real effect because it can only kill the free-swimming stage. If ich trophonts are present when the Apisto eggs hatch, the fry will most likely die.

bbetta

5 Year Member
Also, if the medicine has methylene blue as main ingredient, it should hurt the eggs, as methylene is used for the prevention of fungus on eggs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….