• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cupid's Arrow

Mol_PMB

Updated photos - growing nicely now and eating full-size foods including tetra prima. I have about 25 of them.

Attachments

• 4-11-2016_cupid_fry_2.jpg
    4-11-2016_cupid_fry_2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 489
  • 4-11-2016_cupid_fry_6.jpg
    4-11-2016_cupid_fry_6.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 533

Mol_PMB

I've sold 7 of these and keeping another 7 myself for now, which have been moved to my 240L. I've got about 10 left in the big tank, looking like miniatures of their parents and starting to spar and lip-lock amongs themselves. Time to sell the rest. Anyone want some?

Attachments

• cupid_juvies_3.jpg
    cupid_juvies_3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 511
  • cupid_juvies_5.jpg
    cupid_juvies_5.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 526
  • cupid_juvies_7.jpg
    cupid_juvies_7.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 547
  • cupid_juvies_8.jpg
    cupid_juvies_8.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 526

abrooks12376

I just got a solo from my lfs, I think he/she may enjoy some company?? Where do you live?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

abrooks12376

Best part of having these?? Every time you feed them you can yell "Cupido!!!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Mol_PMB

I've had no further spawnings from my adults or the juveniles I have retained. However, I'm delighted to announce the arrival of some grandchildren!
Lou, a local fishkeeper who bought a group of seven of my juveniles has just had her first spawn.
Lous_cupid_fry.jpg

I still have some cupids for sale if anyone else wants to try!

Mol_PMB

I'm away from home at the moment, but will try to post some pics when I get back. The remaining (unsold) fish are still growing slowly; the biggest ones are barely half the adult size. I would guess it will take them two years to reach maturity. That might be influenced by the way they are kept - perhaps if I split up the group of juveniles they would grow more quickly.

Mol_PMB

Hello!
Sorry it's been a long time since I've been on; life has been very busy and I've not had much time online.
Recently my Cupids have spawned several times; at least one of the parents was born here a couple of years back; the other is I think one of my wilds. They're in my big community tank, and the first few times the eggs didn't survive to hatch. This time however, we have a load of yolks with tails, and this afternoon the parents were guarding them right up against the front glass. Here are some photos of the fry, not yet at free-swimming stage. To giev you an idea of scale, the sand grain size is about 2mm to 3mm. Hopefully some will survive; I'm ready with microworms and BBS when the yolk sacs are used up.
Regards,
Paul

Attachments

• Cupid_babies_1_small.jpg
    Cupid_babies_1_small.jpg
    1,004.7 KB · Views: 284
  • Cupid_babies_2_small.jpg
    Cupid_babies_2_small.jpg
    697.6 KB · Views: 311
  • Cupid_spawn_small.jpg
    Cupid_spawn_small.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 300

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….