• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

zebra pleco: Eggs -> BB

blueblue

5 Year Member
L46 - from eggs to BB

3 Mar 07
l46_bb_3mar_556.jpg

4 Mar 07
l46_bb_4mar_152.jpg

5 Mar 07
l46_bb_5mar_587.jpg

7 Mar 07(this morning)
l46_bb_7mar_173.jpg

blueblue

5 Year Member
Oh, i nearly forget to express my sincere thanks to Rolo, who has kindly provided me some tips and shipped to me some beautiful and wonderful pleco caves. Without his help, i don't think i will succeed in getting these interesting babies... thanks Rolo :)

Picture of the parents and cave:
parents_111.jpg

peterK

5 Year Member
Hi blueblue

Congratulations! Any photos of parents?

Good luck with them!

Piotr>>>

Milk

5 Year Member
Congrat BlueBlue!!

Those are seriously very nice and i will like to get my hand on them soon.

Regards
Dimas/aka Milk

Rolo

5 Year Member
Oh, i nearly forget to express my sincere thanks to Rolo, who has kindly provided me some tips and shipped to me some beautiful and wonderful pleco caves. Without his help, i don't think i will succeed in getting these interesting babies... thanks Rolo :)

10_12_9.gif

Thank you....

Nice pictures!!!

best regards,
Rolo

blueblue

5 Year Member
Beautiful babies blueblue! Congratulations!

How many eggs did they spawn?...
Thanks Refael. I get 7 swimming babies now... in terms of the number of eggs, i didn't count while i guess it is about 10, which is quite normal for the first few spawns of young L46 (i know the maximum number of eggs would be around 20).

blueblue

5 Year Member
well done blue
they have large yolk sacs hey

i hear they are quite slow growing too

andrew

thanks andrew for the reminder. Yes, i purposely shake the eggs out of the cave in order to observe the development of the larve by myself... i missed it for the last time and i definitely have to take a close look this time :)

eklikewhoa

5 Year Member
Congrats!

I am still waiting for mine to mature before I will see any breeding action. Is that a victim of aggression in that cave to the left? looks a bit tattered up.

blueblue

5 Year Member
Congrats!

I am still waiting for mine to mature before I will see any breeding action. Is that a victim of aggression in that cave to the left? looks a bit tattered up.

Thanks. Yes, probably that guy has been involved with some fights :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….