• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wild Pelvicachromis sp. aff. subocellatus

Ekona

5 Year Member
Came mixed in with "wild Kribs" - I have 3 pairs.

Males

SuboMales1_zps35e47fb8.jpg

SuboMales2_zps853bbf85.jpg

SuboMale4_zps7b90be4e.jpg

Females :)

SubFemales5.jpgSuboFem1.jpgSuboFemale2.jpgSuboFemale4.jpgSuboFemales3.jpgSuboFemales7.jpg

Ekona

5 Year Member
Woah! How does one count that many fry swimming around? lol. I remember the days when these were pretty available fish, but over the past couple of decades, I've only seen them twice. I'd classify them today as rare in the hobby. I'll keep one pair. If anyone interested in a pair, let me know.

Ekona

5 Year Member
I was a little worried about them today, as they have been in total hiding for a whole day, and I was wondering if they were OK.
This afternoon I put some printer paper below the overhead lighting to dim it down a bit. Tonight when I came home and put some food in, they all came out happily swimming around and feeding with gusto. These are adult, healthy, well developed fish - quite a nice sight to see :)

wethumbs

5 Year Member
Back in the days, it only took a couple spawns from my breeding pair to flood the entire market. I believe the tank raised ones are readily available in Germany.

joestreich

I was fortunate enough to aquire a pair from Ekona about a month ago. Mine have already spawned. I would guess somewhere from 40-60 fry. Fun fish and great looking too. Thanks Ekona!

M. Salter

Hi there

Have been looking for this species for a while with no luck for my Nigerian biotope. Does anyone still have pairs or offspring? Ekona or Joe? I am in Bahrain but could arrange proper shipping through a retailer in the USA.

Congratulations on breeding this overlooked species!

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….