• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where to get Apisto. online?

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
Well... I guess the title says it all!

Where can I get some new apistogramma species online in the USA?
I already know of most of the regular places, and have lots of species already here.

I'm looking for interesting species, stuff we don't see too often.

Even people with some species willing to sell some would be appreciated!!

Thanks

JWalker

5 Year Member
www.Aquabid.com is a great place to start. Apistodave=apistodavid= Dave Soares he has lots of apistos and he is a great guy too. Last I was there he had alot of different ones at 10$ or 15$ a pair (cant remember which). other people have lots to sale there and also have their own sites in which they sell out of also.

Jeff

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
Got an order from Dave Soares last fall.. need some more difficult to find apistos!!

Most of the people on Aquabid sell the same apistos I already have :)

fishboy20

5 Year Member
Obviously Neil who started this site has Apistos for sale, try contacting him for availability. Personally I 've got some Apistogramma cacatuoides Yellow Gold Orange Flash on the way like Neil is selling, I am also raising sp. reddot and tucurui. Hope to add to the list as I go, always looking for more.

~Jeremy

Apistt_ed

fishboy20 said:
Obviously Neil who started this site has Apistos for sale, try contacting him for availability. Personally I 've got some Apistogramma cacatuoides Yellow Gold Orange Flash on the way like Neil is selling, I am also raising sp. reddot and tucurui. Hope to add to the list as I go, always looking for more.

~Jeremy
how was the tucurui? spawn for you yet? i remember hearing something that they may already have? not sure though.. would love to get a hold of some of those!!!

fishboy20

5 Year Member
I have two batches that I am raising of the tucurui right now. One batch is in a 30 and are almost 1/2" in size. The other batch is about 1/4" and are in 10 for now. I will let you know when they are ready to ship. Probably within the next 2 months though. Keep in touch.

~Jeremy

fishboy20

5 Year Member
I am also willing to trade if you wanted. Not sure what you have but I am wanting more species at the moment.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Fishboy,

Keep breeding those Zebra Plecos. Brazil has officially listed the Zebra as extinct in the wild. If they are not now (and collectors tell me they are still there), they will be soon because the Brazilian government plans to flood that part of the Rio Xingu under a hydroelectric dam's reservoir.

How are the female A. tucurui doing at guarding their fry?

fishboy20

5 Year Member
Mike I knew that the zebras were endanger. I had not known that they are listed as extinct. I think captive raised fish will be available from time to time like they are now. The price will probably remain high for a while.

The female tucurui in fact does eat her eggs. She has twice and I have pulled them twice from her. I have about 80 or so fry and now will probably leave the eggs with the female to see if she can actually raise some up.

Badguy I can hold the tucurui for you until they are ready. I will post when they are. I am not sure if I will have 6 zebras available but if you are serious about acquiring some email me at [email protected].

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….