• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where to find Aquaclear parts?

Moi_Eater

5 Year Member
Does anyone know where to find parts for Aquaclear power filters?

I have a 300 that is starting to make some noise. I think I need to replace the motor unit and/or the impeller. My lfs only has impellers for the 150 so I figured I would try and test my motor unit with a new 150 impeller and if the noise continues then I need a new motor.

Most places I found on the net either shipped only to the 48 contiguous states or had a ridiculous charge for AK/HI shipping. Thanks in advance.

Aloha,
Sam

Randall

5 Year Member
Filter Replacement Parts

Dear Sam,

Can your LFR order the needed part(s) for you from a local distributor? That way you won't get stuck with having to pay shipping charges.

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

Moi_Eater

5 Year Member
Thanks for the suggestion Randall, I was planning on also asking my lfs if they could order the part. I am not sure how much they would charge because they don't carry Aquaclear filters, media, or parts anymore. Maybe I might get lucky! I have also noticed that a lot of supplies are cheaper to order on my own, even with shipping charges.

If I cannot fix the Aquaclear 300 cheaply, I may just use it to circulate my water storage tank outside where the noise isn't a problem and get myself a new filter; probably a canister, or build my own wet/dry filter sump. :wink:

aspen

5 Year Member
sam the impellor from the mini and the 150 are the same, and the 300 is a little bigger. the motor is the same though so they all fit. i use the smaller impellor when i want less flow out of my 300. it works quite well. you can unscrew the motor from the box by turning it 90 deg, and pull straight down. it is threaded on with a rubber gasket to seal. the first time you do this it is quite tight, so watch it.

if it is noisy, clean the impellor well and the impellor with a brush. even a tooth brush will work, but don't bend the centre pin. you shouldn't need a new impellor until the fins break ime.

rick

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Sam.. my experience has been that new AC 30's can usually be found on sale so cheaply that it is usually less expensive to buy a new filter than just the motor. There are frequently some new ones on AquaBid. Sometimes there are old ones on AquaBid too... and you might be able to get one for parts.

Moi_Eater

5 Year Member
I got a 150 impeller yesterday and now the noise is almost non-existent. Actually I did want reduced flow so it worked out great, thanks rick.

I think the top of the impeller was hitting the impeller cover so with the 150 impeller blades being smaller they don't hit any more. I think that the impeller shaft (center pin) is what needs to be replaced.

Ted, I think that you are right. It would probably be cheaper to get a new one than buy parts for an older one. I will keep an eye out for an old one for parts or a replacement on Aquabid, just in case I have the need.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….