• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where are the "latest" pics??

Y

yoyoyung

Hi everyone!

I'm new here. Glad I found this forum.

The standard books on apistos don't have a lot of the new varieties being imported. Where do you guys go to find the latest pics??

Thanks!

Sam

BTW, I just noticed I should've posted this in the Apisto section. Sorry! Perhaps one of the mods can move this there.

fishboy20

5 Year Member
I'm sure the second edition of Uwe Romer will have pics of those species. I think there is another book in German that came out in 2003 that has new pictures of some of the species. I have only briefly looked through it though and I have no idea of when it will be printed in english.

Y

yoyoyung

Thanks Neil for the welcome, and to everyone else for the helpful suggestions! No, I wasn't looking for anything in particular; just that I had the opportunity to browse an importer's list and was wondering how people ordering from such a list know what they're getting! lol. So many new locations I couldn't find in books or a search on google! I guess sometimes you have to order sight unseen and hope for the best?

Charly EON

5 Year Member
About latest pics. Does someone knows where I can find a good quality picture of A . sp Diamante. I think one appeared in an issue of AKZ bulletin a few month ago. Who can help ?

Thanks

Charly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….