• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cacatuoides male or female?

Sideris

Hello, i'm new to the forum so sorry in advance if this is the wrong section
Some months ago I purchased a cacatuoides couple, but they have never bred. The male has always showed off to her, but she has never looked interested

I thought I had a male and a female, but nowI'm starting to think that this is a sneaker male. What do you think?
Thanks

Attachments

• cac2.jpg
    cac2.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 62

yinshutong

我有过雌雄同体的鱼,和你图片中的鱼差不多,这种鱼多出现在人造鱼身上,有雌性黄色体色和体特征,有雄性斑点花纹,但没有繁殖能力,建议更换母鱼。

English translation courtesy of Google translate (Mike Wise):
I have had hermaphroditic fish, which are similar to the fish in your picture. This kind of fish often appears on artificial fish. It has female yellow body color and body characteristics, and male spot patterns, but it has no reproductive ability. It is recommended to replace the female fish.

Short snapper enthusiast

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….