• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What to do with fry

G

GhostDog

My A. cacatuoides are pumping out fry at a crazy pace and I don't know what to do with the babies. I know this may sound like a stupid problem but once the market is flooded, there are no places to get rid of them. My lfs doesn't want anymore, I'm not set up to ship and I've got at least three batches of differing size in my tank. I'm actually trying to sell the adults now just to stop the madness. Any suggestions?

E

emjay653

Sounds a bit cruel, but do you have any other fish you could feed the fry to?

Apistt_ed

Well, where are you located? There are bound to be more than enough people within a driveable range in your area that would like these fish and don't know how to get them. There are also enough aquatic clubs (if you are in the states) that would love maybe taking them off your hand and maybe auction them off to other members. There are more than enough options... or you could use them as feeders if all else fails :cry: ...

G

GhostDog

Re: ..

Apistt_ed said:
Well, where are you located? There are bound to be more than enough people within a driveable range in your area that would like these fish and don't know how to get them. There are also enough aquatic clubs (if you are in the states) that would love maybe taking them off your hand and maybe auction them off to other members. There are more than enough options... or you could use them as feeders if all else fails :cry: ...

I blame Apistodave for having amazingly healthy fish that want to do nothing but eat and spawn. I'm in MA and dave just came through spreading his fishy wealth to all. I've got the breeding trio sold, now just going to raise the fry and deal with them as fit. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….