• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What specis of apistograma is this beauty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

do da da

idfish.jpg

Saw a pair in a LFS today sold under apistogramma taeniatus, safe to say, I on't think its very right.

Any ideas?

ste12000

5 Year Member
The fish is Apistogramma sp 'Kelleri' the fish pictured is a beauty and i know thjat because it lives in my fishroom..

The picture you have "borrowed" happens to be mine and in this hobby it is polite to contact the owner of a photograph before using it yourself!!!! I cannot remember you asking for permission to use my work and i certainly cannot remember saying yes.. Please respect my work in future and ask for permission before using.

Bad start to the Apistogramma forum!!!!!

do da da

The fish is Apistogramma sp 'Kelleri' the fish pictured is a beauty and i know thjat because it lives in my fishroom..

The picture you have "borrowed" happens to be mine and in this hobby it is polite to contact the owner of a photograph before using it yourself!!!! I cannot remember you asking for permission to use my work and i certainly cannot remember saying yes.. Please respect my work in future and ask for permission before using.

Bad start to the Apistogramma forum!!!!!

Thanks and I am truly very sorry. Will keep that in mind later, I am on the verge of telling you who I am but I cannot for that would bring about dire consequences...

:D
Do da da

ste12000

5 Year Member
Thanks for the apology.. Im really not interested who you are or if it would bring about dire consequences for myself or for you!!!

All im concerned about is that the picture used was taken by myself and was reused here without permission..

Its not a commercial advert and your not trying to make money from the picture so ill let it slide as long as your aware that its wrong to use my pics like this.

Robert Paul Hudson

I don't mean to be combative on my first post here, but you guys must not do facebook or blog very much, because people post other peoples photos very routinely in social media, and it is a very well accepted practice. The whole point of social media is to share photos, articles and web sites with your "friends" and certainly without permission of the owner of the photo. The legalities of the practice are universally the same whether it be in social media or some other internet forum. Thats why google has an image search.

To get worried about linking to a photo in a forum like this to help identify a fish seem a little... well petty, and I cannot possibly understand any justification for it. I would really like to see what this beautiful fish looks like, buit I cann't because you removed the photo just for spite! It is absolutely NOT illegall to link to a photo in a forum, But what do i know!

Now that you all hate me... I am more well known for my background in plants and being a writer for FAMA and TFH magazine. I turned my web site into a mega blog and I have invited my fellow writers to contribute to the blog. So far I have Mo Devlin, Ted Judy, Eric Hanneman, Stan Sung, Mark Denaro, Joshua Wiegert, Alesia Benedict, Brian Perkins, Matt Ford from Practical Fishkeeping and others contributing articles and photographs. I write a little too! I am donating part of the monthly advertising revenue to the ACA.

I have done a little breeding of Kribensis and kept various Apistos in the past, and I am hoping to get more into it again and write about it on my blog. I hope I can learn some cool things from you folks here!

Best regards

Robert Paul Hudson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarenSet

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(