• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What a great day!!

Fatts

5 Year Member
Woke up this morning and went out to check my 240 community tank. After about 2 min I realised there were eggs everywhere. My Bronchis splendis spawned all morning long.
Then this afternoon I noticed that my Taeniacara candidi pair that I had in a 20l breeding tank, where hanging out in the same flowerpot for some time. Well, I just checked and I have about 60 eggs in there and one very aggressive female.

Hope I have a few more tough days like this!!!

Fatts

5 Year Member
Not so great anymore.

The female (T. candidi) killed the male last night. Now she is just wondering around the tank and ignoing the wrigglers.

Should I leave her with them? She is not guarding them at all, but at the same time she is not eating them either. She is still eating the frozen bloodworms and the brine shrimp like she always does.

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
I would take some of the fry out, and put them in a small tank with a seasoned sponge and the same tank water as the parent tank. i leave some of the fry with mom to see if she eventually takes care of them.

Rich

Fatts

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the advise. I will keep it all in mind. In the last couple of hours I found something that reminds her to protect her fry, a 2 years old playing trucks right below the tank!!! She saw him playing there and is now guarding the wigglers again. Guess I will just leave her be and see how things go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….