• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

We walked into the jungle...

fart

5 Year Member
What a trip guys, and lots of nice fish. The Nannostomus marginatus with the red spot was an incredible nice find. Not to forget all the beautiful apistogramma.
Realy exciting reading and seeing pictures from your expedition into the Amazon jungel.
A big inspiration for me and my interest in Apsitogramma. :)

With regards
RHD

Rebi

Wow those Fish are indeed beautis...but i really fell for the small Tetras Brittanichthys sp. Peru...unfortunatly i can't find anything about this Fish...is there a site with some informations about the Fish? I've tried the names in Google but it wasn't very clear.

The other problem would be if this fish is importet here but thas for another time to find out :)

Greetz
Rebi

Tom C

5 Year Member
I'm in love.....

with this A. cf. cacatuoides (?) we collected in the Rio Curaray, Peru, a few weeks ago, in a location where probably nobody ever have searched for or collected ornamental fish...

resizeimage.aspx

resizeimage.aspx

resizeimage.aspx

I've never seen anything like this... quite spectacular, isn't it?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hmm, those look like some A. cacatuoides I have in one of my tanks. Oh, that's right, they were collected at the same time!;) I like the A. cacatuoides we collected near Estrecho, too - blue/yellow, too.

ste12000

5 Year Member
Wow, what a beauty!!! superb find. How far off the beaten track was this location if no one is likely to have collected there before?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
We asked the local people if anyone collected ornamental fish in the area. They said "no one" and didn't understand why we would want fish we couldn't eat. Virgin territory until now. Maybe not for long, we hope. We had professional collectors with us, so they know where these fish live. The only problem is that the location is so far from export stations. It might not be worth the time (5 days by launcha/riverboat) and expense to collect in the area.

FIL

5 Year Member
I'm in love.....

with this A. cf. cacatuoides (?) we collected in the Rio Curaray, Peru, a few weeks ago, in a location where probably nobody ever have searched for or collected ornamental fish...

resizeimage.aspx

I've never seen anything like this... quite spectacular, isn't it?

Magnifique !! Can you take a photo of the fish with the extended dorsal fin?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….