• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

WATER CONTROL... CHEMISTRY... ETC...

G

gat3keeper

Can you recommend tools for measuring the PH, temperature, etc... of the water in the tank?

Im not sure if we had complete tools for water chemistry here in the Philippines...

Can you recommend sites for water tools & gadgets. thanks a lot.

G

gat3keeper

tanx mordor and tjudy...

for example i have a water PH of 8.5 ... I need to lower it to 7.5... wat will I do and vice versa?

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
8O 8.5!!!! Wow that is high! Do you know what your TDS reading is?

I imagine that your carbonate hardness is also through the roof, which is why your pH is so high.

You can stick with hard water fish (like Tanganyikan cichlids), or invest in a good RO system. I think that chemically reducing the hardness and pH of your water will be tough.

mordor

5 Year Member
If you are serious about soft water dwarves sooner or later you got to buy RO unit unless you got cheap source of soft water. My tap water has PH about 7.8 and after RO filtration it comes down to 6.8.

Question why do you need to have it 7.5?

G

gat3keeper

Actually... Im currently into tanganyikan cichlids right now (frontosa & several tropheus). That's why I've been searching the internet for apistogramma. I would like to own one...

Reducing the hardness is tough... did i get it right? How about... increasing the PH?

However... I just got the 8.5 ph as an example. :)

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bogdanxfz

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….