• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water Changes & Spawning?

Borelliiguy

I've heard several variations about water changes and a resulting spawn. And in short, I just want your experiences with WC's used to induce a spawn...

.Cold water change Vs Warm water changes
.Large Wc's Vs Small Vs Medium

And so on

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
Personally I believe in making at least two water changes a week changing about 2/3 of the water at a time and refilling with water of the same temperature and chemistry. Any water changing regime which maintains very high water quality is beneficial to keep, breed and raise Apistogramma spp.

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
If I am having a difficult time getting a spawn out of fish that I keep, whether it be apistos or any other fish, (keeping in mind I do very lightly stocked 75 gallon tanks), I skip a couple of my water changes and let the tank go for about two to four weeks without a change, and then do a 75% water change with water just a couple degrees cooler than the tank water and a tad smidgeon lower pH. I also coordinate that with incoming weather patterns (rain or snow). It's not exactly scientific, but it seems to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….