• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wanted to share a picture with you all.

Randall

5 Year Member
A. agassizii (Netz) Yellow

Dear Jeff,

What an incredibly amazing beautiful Apisto! I'd say this little beauty is probably in the best of hands with Erick and Yvan.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

All the best,

Randall Kohn

Claude

5 Year Member
wow 8O

sure, i'll take some......

I hope he's putting that apistos in some fish shows. He could go places with that fish. Heck, he could be the mascot for some kind of petstore! You know how they do that with angelfish, clownfish, and whatnot..

Orchid

5 Year Member
I am not much for many of the apisto sp. but this little beauty got to me. He will haunt my dreams along with the P.t. Keinke Gold! :wink:

aspen

5 Year Member
very nice fish jeff, maybe you can explain the name? the 'netz' is a person's name? this is a tank bred hybrid agassizzi with a yellow tail?

rick

Jeffery Doty

5 Year Member
Rick,

Here is the full text of Mike's description. I believe it is a wild caught Apisto.

Jeff

What you are seeing is a net-like pattern caused by dark edges on each scale. This is what Koslowski calls a "Netz (Nets) Agassizii" in his book. This is probably one of the many geographic populations of the true A. agassizii. Your beautiful male is very similar to a photo in Koslowski's book called "yellow A. agassizii from Porto Velho" (Rio Madeira). The caudal, dorsal, & anal fin patterns are very similar. The lateral band seems slightly narrower than the 'normal' agassizii & the caudal fin forms a longer, narrower tip. The body colors are the same, too.
This population is similar to other populations like A. agassizii (Alenquer)
and another one collected by Oliver Lucanus from near Santarem. If the were my fish, I would call them "A. agassizii (Netz) Yellow".

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….