• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

VOTE - JUNE 2013 Picture of the Month

June 2013 POTM Voting

• 1. Male Apistogramma agassizii

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 2. Coral Red Pencilfish

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 3. Apistogramma gephyra

• 4. Pterophyllum sp. Rio Nanay - Peruvian altum

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 5. Dicrossus filamentosus male

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6. A. cacatuoides Orange Flash With Fry

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 7. Blue Agassizii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8. Apistogramma diplotaenia

• 9. Apistogramma Pebas Male

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • 10. Female Abacaxis

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
This month's contest theme was open to ALL FISHES UNDER FIVE INCHES (12.7cm). Of course, I can't measure your fish, so we just went off of best guesses. We have ten great photos. Choose your favorite and vote. Voting will end June 30th at 5:30 PM CST. Thanks again to all the participants! Please keep conversations regarding the photos to a minimum to assure anonymity. Photo labels were provided by the participant. Labels are ABOVE the photo listed and corresponds with the number (some names may appear similar because we're dealing with a singular genus of fish, so pay attention to which number you want to vote for).

Good luck!

1. Male Apistogramma agassizii

2. Coral Red Pencilfish

3. Apistogramma gephyra

4. Pterophyllum sp. Rio Nanay - Peruvian altum

5. Dicrossus filamentosus male

6. A. cacatuoides Orange Flash With Fry

7. Blue Agassizii

8. Apistogramma diplotaenia

9. Apistogramma Pebas Male

10. Female Abacaxis

cichlidmac

Getting an error when I go to Web mode. Where is the voting thread located?

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk 2

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Wow, we have a tight race. Hope folks that haven't voted take the time to do so soon! Contest ends in about 96 hours.

madmike

When looking at the pictures I cannot understand why #9 won. It's a photo contest, is it not? I agree - it's a beautiful fish, but the tank is poorly set up and the picture is not that good - at least not better than the other competitors. Exactly what are we to vote on? The fish or the pictures?

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
That's an interesting question and one that can only be answered by those that vote; I don't think it is up to me to tell people how they should vote; except for outlining the specifics of the contest. There were several photos that were capable of winning this month. There were 22 voters; each with a different opinion of the submissions entered. I could try and be more specific in the contest description; but by doing so, I may eliminate the probablity of a perfectly good photo not winning or receiving votes.

For example: Next month's contest is tank setups; If I said "Submit and Vote for the Most Natural Setup", that may eliminate perfectly good setups. Or, if I said "Submit and Vote for the Best Breeding Setup", that could also eliminate many photos without them being considered.

I think right now, getting participation up, both in submission of photos (10 submissions is great) and voters participating (22 isn't so hot), should be our main concern. If you have a specific suggestion, send it to me via PM or email [email protected] , or post it here.

Thanks.
Brian

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Additionally, if photo submitters would like a public (or private) critique of their photo -- they can speak up after the contest ends in the voting post, say, "Hey, this is mine -- why or why not did you vote for my photo -- what could I do better?", and I'm sure they might get some good, FRIENDLY, critiques.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….