• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Viejita gold females

georgedv

5 Year Member
I was at the LFS a few days ago and came across some fish labeled Ap. Viejita Gold. The males had a yellow body with beautiful reds on the fins, but the females were all yellow. No black markings. Is this possible? The price tag is $29.99...is this price reasonable?

g

Bev N

Apisto Club
5 Year Member
I have a few that someone brought me. I think I have all females and they are all yellow. I'll have to give them a good look today when I'm getting tanks ready for tomorrow. If I have the time I'll even try to get a few pictures. I got my camera out yesterday and charged it up to get photos for a magazine article (horse demo where my horse was) so now that it's all set maybe I'll have the time to get those pics done.

Vince1357

5 Year Member
Yea most of the Apistogramma sold at the LFS are around 30 dollars. You can get it cheaper from local breeder in my opinion.

Sharpfish

5 Year Member
I hope this comes through. Ihope this helps to ID. This is a young pair of vejita 'Gold' I got from Tony Orso a few years ago. Not the greatest picture of the female. Wally
viejtagold.jpg

georgedv

5 Year Member
The females I saw were canary yellow. "Gold" is the name they were given. The shape of the body was more "Ram" like, but just a tad longer. They were less then an inch in size (male was about 1 1/4 inches) so maybe their age made them hard to ID. This LFS has made big bloppers before (not intentionally) thats why I hestitaded...plus $30 was high for me.

The main interest to me is, is it normal for females not to have any black markings on their body?

g

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….