• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

verlichting

barbus83

5 Year Member
Hallo,

Ik wil mijn verlichting aanpassen voor maanlicht in de nachtelijke uren. Ik vraag mij af of dit van enig praktisch nut is. Ik heb een Juwel 120 bak. Hier heb ik reeds vier buizen in aangebracht. Deze gaan bij de overgang van nacht naar dag gedempt aan. Het zelfde gebeurt bij de overgang van dag naar nacht. Wie heeft enige ervaring met deze materie.

Met vriendelijke groeten barbus83

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately we have not been able to incorporate a good translation function here, so I used Google Translate:

Hello,

I want to adjust lighting in the moonlight night. I wonder if this has any practical relevance. I have a Juwel 120 tank. Here I have already placed in four tubes. This will make the transition from night to day to muted. The same thing happens in the transition from day to night. Who has some experience with this matter.

Sincerely barbus83

There are light fixtures that use blue LED units to create 'moon light'. It is a nice effect, especially for viewing nocturnal catfish. Most of the power compact fixtures with the moonlight run them off of separate electrical cords, so it is possible to have those lights on a different timer. The LED light sold by Marineland (here in the USA) cannot do that... on switch controls the lights: left for all lights, right for only moon lights. There are high-end LED systems that permit you to program the brightness and spectrum of the fixture via a computer chip, but they are very expensive.

The fish do not care. In my fish room I leave a light on in the far side of the room all night (over my Artemia cultures) which provides nighttime ambiant light for the whole room.

nijrem

Hi Barbus..
As another Dutch native speaker; I would say; no it doesn't have a huge practical use. I believe ambient light from your room will feel 'alright' to the fish. And when you go to bed, the room will be dark. Thats a similar kind of light influence; although night/moon-lighting might be more natural; I just think its an expensive and not too pratctical thing. But thats what I believe, I have no scientific proof for it or anything ;)

Hoi Barbus.. hier nog een Nederlands sprekend lid; Ik zou zeggen dat het niet echt veel toevoegd. Ik geloof dat het licht in je huiskamer (of waar je het aquarium hebt staan, al een buffer geeft voor de overgang van vol licht naar donker light, naar echt donker.Ik wil best geloven dat je met een schakeling meer natuurlijke dimming geeft, maar denk dat het alleen duur is en leuk voor jou, niet per se voor de vissen. Ik heb geen enkel bewijs wat ze prettig vinden; vissen schijnen meer te schrikken van licht dat uit gaat dan dat het aan gaat, dat heb ik wel ergens gelezen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….