• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Urgent Help

N

Nuno Teixeira

Hi everybody

I'm in a lot of stress again.

2 weeks ago my caca became dadys for the first time. unfortunatly the next day there were no eges.

I think it was because of stress from the mother or the father eat them or the neons eat them.

Now i have more eges but this time there is no neons.

This time there is only a SAE, 2 otos and the father. ( and the mother )

My question to you is who should stay in the aquarium???

What must i do to keep them alive.

Please help. Tomorrow may be to late. Help now, urgent, really urgent, really really.

TIA

blueblue

5 Year Member
Hmm, in principle, you only need the mother fish to look after the eggs/
fry. So, all the other fish can be removed.

However, i wonder if you can easily remove all the other fish without
disturbing the mother fish (who may eat the eggs/fry)... so, please be very careful; :)

Nuno Teixeira said:
Hi everybody

I'm in a lot of stress again.

2 weeks ago my caca became dadys for the first time. unfortunatly the next day there were no eges.

I think it was because of stress from the mother or the father eat them or the neons eat them.

Now i have more eges but this time there is no neons.

This time there is only a SAE, 2 otos and the father. ( and the mother )

My question to you is who should stay in the aquarium???

What must i do to keep them alive.

Please help. Tomorrow may be to late. Help now, urgent, really urgent, really really.

TIA

Zapisto

5 Year Member
ragmansrams said:
i give all my apistoes five trys before i do anything
i give mine the number of try they want :)
until i get tired and bored , then i start play with them :) but that's only happen 5 or 6 time, i am generally very patient :)

tleehm

5 Year Member
If you're not desperate, just leave them alone and they'll eventually get the job done.

My macmasteri pair has been in their own tank for the last 6 months, I know they've been spawning but never had fry until this week. I've lost count on how many attempts they've tried, and had pretty much given up on them - then suddently I saw fry yesterday.

Just be patient, some fish are dumber than others (my baenschi does it fine after one go).

Cheers,
Thomas.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I had a young female A. cf. agassizii BBCS "Madeira Gold Aggie" spawn on the side of a large cobble. The problem was that she in in a grow-out tank with many of her siblings. My solution was to put a tank separator between her & the egg and the other fish. I will see how she takes care of the eggs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….