• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

trip to Germany

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
I am going to go visit my bud Uwe Romer in Germany March 27th. I will be getting fish and bringing them back if you have any ideas let me know--

Nermal

5 Year Member
OH BOY DO I HAVE IDEAS!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iranocichla hormuzensis
Paretroplus damii

PM me if you think you can get either. Supposedly there is someone in Germany that has Iranocichla hormuzensis. I'll try to get a name and a way to contact them.

Neil

Dave,
Happy fish hunting. If you see paucisquamis, or any nice pulchra, I am interested (A. cf. pulchra Uautuma/A. cf. pulchra New Chingarno). Also, I have seen some drop dead great tank-raised wilhelmi from over there. I could definitely go for those. I am sure I will think of a few others before you go.
Neil

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:) If you are of a mind to do so... please consider flying back with a few copies of the new Linke & Steaek book on the dwarf cichlids of West Africa... in German even. I would definitely get one, as I am sure several other people will as well. The shipping cost to get them here seems to be the stickler on importing them directly.

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Neil I know the guy who has the Wilhelmi! by coincedence his last name is wilhelm (it's not really a coincedence) here's what Uwe sent me the other day--- Frank Wilhelm is really getting crazy to see You next month! I guess he wants to
know everything about adoketa and Tapajos. HA Ha!
U
So if Frank is that crazy I beleive I have some leverage!!!!!!
As for the other stuff it's all in my notes now --Tjud dude- I have met Wolfgang Staecke a few times he is a really nice man. I have a whole bunch of his books autographed and if I can I will get some of the new ones autographed too, I'll try, we'll see.

M

Max

Hey Dave,
I take a bottle of my old favorite brew: Veltins :wink:
Have a great trip 8) .
Max

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Kribs I just put them on the list--do you have a pic? And Max Veltins is what Uwe buys by the crate! The best brew in Westphalia! My personal favorite though is a brew that is sold in Uber Salzburg, Spatgold. The Bavarians drink beer the same color as their sausage.

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hey everybody I just got this from my friend anyone who can come up with some gets instant credit for any fish (small) that he wants and that I can get over there!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Dave,
> any chance to get hold of some darters before You come over? I would like
to get
> some for a study on SEX-DETERMINATION! The best would be two or thre pairs
of
> two different species somewhere from the South that live in generally
moderate
> temperature regime, real cold water species would be too difficult to
keep. may
> Pat or somone from down there have some that You could bring?
>
> Uwe
>
>
>
>
> Dr.Uwe Römer

Randall

5 Year Member
North American Darters

Dear Dave,

Darters?...you've got to be kidding! They're not even tropical.

Patrick Ceas at St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota, and Brooks Burr at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Illinois, have worked extensively with the darters of the Etheostoma species complex from Kentucky and Tennessee. Please email me privately for their respective email addresses.

Also Dr. Lawrence Page at the Florida Museum of Natural History, University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, would probably be a good person to contact, because he, too, has worked extensively with darters. I have Dr. Page's email address as well.

Please don't ask me how I'm familiar with orange-throat darters, you don't want to know.

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

kribs

5 Year Member
HI Dave
I might be able to get you darters. A local store here in chicago has a lot of native fish. I am pretty sure they can get them for me. Tell me how many you want and i will go ask them this saturday. I can ship them too you.
thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bijouxcailloux

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….