• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

TDS Meter

merlin

5 Year Member
Hello from Scotland.
I have just returned to the hobby after a long break [still had a display tank]. I have set up 6 breeding tanks and hop to get some Apistogramma soon. I read a lot of comments listing the TDS in various tanks. Went on Ebay to buy TDS meter and there are many listed. Would anyone like to recommend a model.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

gerald

5 Year Member
Cheap is fine. For aquarium keeping we dont need high accuracy or precision; just a ball-park measurement is good enough; to the nearest 10 uS (microseimens) for soft-water tanks where your measurements are typically in the 20 to 200 uS range.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I know a lot of us use the Hanna Instruments HI 98129 pH/e.c/tds meter here. Mine is about 5 years old and I have had no problems with it (includes 4 weeks in the Amazon).

merlin

5 Year Member
Thanks all for the info. I will save a few pounds and buy one to suit the budget. Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I know a lot of us use the Hanna Instruments HI 98129 pH/e.c/tds meter here. Mine is about 5 years old and I have had no problems with it
Same here, I've got a lot of more expensive meters in the lab., but they all read much the same as the Hanna. Conductivity meters are pretty straightforward in operation and don't need constant re-calibrating like pH meters etc.

cheers Darrel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….