• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

TDS meter recommendations?

pjg250

Hey y’all, I’m looking for some TDS meter recommendations. Don’t really have much more to say, but I’m in the US, so it’d be a plus to be available here.

Apistoguy52

Take your pick of the $12-15 options on Amazon. Most I’ve used have been reasonable accurate, and priced where the accidental swim in the aging/mixing tank doesn’t make you cry.

MacZ

Take your pick of the $12-15 options on Amazon. Most I’ve used have been reasonable accurate, and priced where the accidental swim in the aging/mixing tank doesn’t make you cry.
I'd go maybe for the price tag above around 20-25,-.
And a word of warning: Don't get a pH-Meter in that category. With pH-meters you either go high quality or leave it.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Personally, if it doesn't come with calibration reagents it's not very accurate and not worth using. I use a much more expensive Hanna pH/µS/TDS/°F/°C meter that allows calibration.

MacZ

Personally, if it doesn't come with calibration reagents it's not very accurate and not worth using.
In comparison with professionally calibrated devices my TDS meter is at mostly off by 1-5 points. I can only second that statement for pH-meters, though.

pjg250

Thanks! This is super helpful.

I assume pH meters are more accurate than trying to read colors in a vial lol.

@Mike Wise do you have the Hanna HI98129 or HI9813-6N?

MacZ

I assume pH meters are more accurate than trying to read colors in a vial lol.
Provided you have a good sensor and sufficiently high conductivity. Even the best and priciest models need an EC of 75-100µS/cm minimum to correctly work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….