• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tank stocking help please :)

Drammy

5 Year Member
Hi Will,

Have you got your heart set on A.Cacatuoides?

I am from Leeds and am currently growing out 22 Apistogramma Agasizii. The father is a Wild male.

Since free swimming I don't think I've lost any fry - they seem pretty hardy and are looking very good and healthy. They're also pretty chilled despite growing out in a 10g tank.

Most are sexable now - I know I have 4 males and suspect another 2 are males which makes 16 females.

They are thriving well in my tap water (pH 7.2, 3kH - pretty soft) - although having read your stats your water would need softening.

I plan to continue growing them for another month before taking them to Fish Inc in Sheffield to sell there. If you want first refusal then let me know...

Cheers,
Drammy

Wills

5 Year Member
Wow thankyou for the offer but afraid I will have to decline.

I went to ferrybridge aquatics as recommended and WOW what a place it really is a treasure chest. I now have a pair of Honduran Red Points :) which are absolutely gorgeous.

here they are :)
P1020282.jpg

and this is the male
P1020272.jpg

going to be the only inhabitants for a while hoping to get some breeding from them - they also seem much more suited to my water rather than the apistos or SA dwarfs.

They are often called the blue convict but they have just been re classed though the name escapes me atm sorry. And they are infact a genuine species not a new colour strain. Also all reports indicate that they are much more peaceful than the rest of their relatives though I am still being cautious of mixing but hoping to try plecs and barbs or tougher tetras.

I have read conflicting reports but the size of these seem to range between 5inches and 3 and a half inches for the male and the females are smaller. Absolutely love them

Wills

Drammy

5 Year Member
No problem Wills,

Beautiful fish - best of luck with them...

Keep us posted with how they get on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….