• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tank Setups website

DigitalBoy

5 Year Member
Hi. I've decided to start a website devoted to different tank setups. On this website one could see pictures and detailed information on different tank setups (both freshwater and marine). I've compiled the first draft and put it here: http://www.aappeal.com/ts/
I am very curious in adding more tanks and pictures, if you are interested, please e-mail me your suggestions and information about your tanks, I will put them all there.
Thank you.

Dmitry

mordor

5 Year Member
Do you think about biotope aquariums? At least after looking at your tanks it seems you are not, fish and plants are from all continents :)

DigitalBoy

5 Year Member
Biotope

The two tanks that are there are not really biotope. But I will include that as a category. This certainly is a good idea. My friend who will be adding his tank on the website has one of the tanks as a real biotope. So that would certainly be cool.

mordor

5 Year Member
Yea, very good. That's direction I would like to go but now I got more or less mixture as yours. I am almost ok with fish but plants are not matching SA biotope at all. That's why I am interested in successfull examples of biotope aquariums :idea:

DigitalBoy

5 Year Member
Send over your tank's information

Do you have any pictures, if you want I could add your website. ;)

aspen

5 Year Member
you know mordor, if you want a real easy south american bio-tope tank, you can stain the water black with peat and make a nice root sculpture in there. no worry about co2 or high light!

rick

Neil

DigitalBoy,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

I think that your idea for a website is great. You have anice double red cacatuoides there. When things settle down a little I will take a few pics of a couple of my tanks for you to use. I also have an 18g. salt and 30g. reeftank I have started not too long ago that I will give you some pics of. Good luck in this endevour.

aspen,
The rrot tank idea sounds great. I really had not thought about that before, but I bet it would be very attractive (to me anyway).
Along that line...

mordor,
As far as a biotope, you might try the leaf litter idea that you had a while ago. A little wood and some oak leaves would make a cool-looking, and functional, tank. Have you ever found a resource for Oak leaves?

DigitalBoy

5 Year Member
Thank you

Thank you very much. I will be very glad to have those pictures on my website. I have actually updated it and added a few more, now totalling 6 tanks. Oh, and website now is: www.tanksetups.com.

Good luck

aspen

5 Year Member
niel, there are lots of pics out there of the biotope amazon tank, i'll surf around see if i can find them. in blackwater, such a small amount of light actually penetrates the river that plants will simply not grow. if you have seen the pics of collecting in the amazon, the colour of the water is quite amazing, at least to me. i don't know if i would want a show tank heavily rooted, but as for a tank that will induce blackwater fish to spawn, i would bet that you would have more luck than with plants actually, provided that you could get the water to the colour, and the hiding places in a good number.

here's a link to an article about collecting discus in the amazon. hope that you like it.

http://www.dph.nl/sub-article/cat-01/wildcaught1.shtml

rick

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldStype

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….