• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Strawberry Apisto tank set up.

Hanzle

De reden waarom ze aardbei apisto genoemd worden is het rood op de kop. Zowel bij de mannetjes en minder, maar ook aanwezig, bij de vrouwtjes. Ik zie dat bij jou exemplaren helemaal niet

nanotankfun

Kijk maar naar mijn foto enkele reakties terug
I see the difference between ours. My fish have more blue in the face than yours, and I thought originally it was a three stripped Apistogramma, Apistogramma trifasciata. I personally believe that the batch didn't develop the strawberry face. The supplier got them from Singapore. Could also be a stress factor. When I took these photos they were newer in the tank and still adjusting. I do keep my tank dark so it could be the lighting as well. Not sure.

nanotankfun

Nice looking.

But...
- The Corydoras are really quite big, that is not going to work out for breeding the Apistogramma. Are the catfish still in the tank?
- The substrate is really coarse. This kind of gravel in combination with the mulm from the botanicals might develop fouling areas.
- The hardscape is not working as sight barriers. If I can see through under the rootwood the fish definitely can.

And as stated before the water parameters will definitely not allow for successful breeding.
I have made some adjustments to my maintenance, so I'll keep checking my GH till it's in the right spot. I've dedicated an RODI case for them that I will not be mineralizing. For the corydoras, I've seen some success with other breeders keeping them in there, but if need be I'll remove them.

Yvonne G

Administrator
5 Year Member
Since this is an English speaking forum, those of us who don't speak other than English don't appreciate posts in other languages (especially moderators who are trying their best to keep spam out).

Hanzle

Ik heb al eerder gemeld dat ik het moeilijk vind om een taal te selecteren waarbij mijn opmerkingen juist en gemakkelijk gelezen kunnen worden. Heb de beschikking over Duits, Nederlands en Engels.
Wat is vlg jou, Yvonne, de beste keuze?

MacZ

Since this is an English speaking forum, those of us who don't speak other than English don't appreciate posts in other languages (especially moderators who are trying their best to keep spam out).
Yvonne, first of all to help you out, Hanzle indeed is writing on-topic, no dangernof spam). Secondly, many users (excluding me, but including him, seemingly) use auto-translator tools. So the problem is limited to older machines and browsers. On a recent computer with that tool activated you wouldn't even notice.

nanotankfun

Ik heb al eerder gemeld dat ik het moeilijk vind om een taal te selecteren waarbij mijn opmerkingen juist en gemakkelijk gelezen kunnen worden. Heb de beschikking over Duits, Nederlands en Engels.
Wat is vlg jou, Yvonne, de beste keuze?
It is not bothering me Hanzle, I am just using Google Translate and it working. I appreciate your help.

Hanzle

Het maakt mij ook niet uit.
Meestal weet ik wel wat r betekent wordt....ik weet iig hoe ik iets tik maar niet hoe het aan de andere kant aankomst maar die weten wss ook wel wat r betekent wordt.
Heb recent een duitse kweker gesproken en die wist ook van een hele blauwe eremnopyge. Had 3 mannen, vd 7, die ook het rood miste. Nieuwe, andere, soort? Andere vindplaats?

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carsonbd

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(