• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Splash Tetra ID and aggression issue

sortof_here

Just an update on my end. I wound up rehoming 5 of the males(the 5 most aggressive), leaving me with 4 fish. 1 that is male and 3 that appear to be female. I lucked out and the shop I took them to decided to keep them as shop pets in one of their beautiful large display tanks, instead of trying to sell them. Last I checked on them, they seemed to be doing well in their new home.

The difference in the tank was immediate. The females, which previously would mostly hide amongst plants, now actually swim about the tank. While the 4 of them still sometimes squabble a little, they are no longer damaging each others' fins or going after other fish in the tank. I even spotted two of them spawning tonight, so I think they are much happier as well.

@jmacaddy36 if the 3 in your tank are still fighting, you may want to see if separating one of the males helps, even if only temporarily. You just might get a happy pair out of the 2. Best of luck!

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
Very often, in the USA, the best way to find any Copella are as by catch among a group of Nannostomus.
Usually only a few specimens and good luck hoping you will find some more somewhere else so having to begin with but a few is our best option. This once happened to me and I found just three https://tomc.no/fish.aspx?fishIndexID=1797&gruppeID=5.
Mine spawn while sharing a tank with an Aphyosemion spp. The few fry seemed a little odd and small. They grew fast and it was clear they were juvenile Copella.
I set out to spawn my small group in a half filled 10 gallon tank. The bottom was carpeted wall to wall with Java Moss and the surface was covered with Riccia. I gave up and removed them and tried some Epiplatys annulatus instead. I waited for killie fry and thought I'd succeeded when I saw small fry at the surface among the Riccia. Time proved me wrong and what I had were about 45 Copella fry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marakely

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(