• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shrimp

ciclidcrazy!

5 Year Member
What shrimp would do best in a 20 gallon heavily planted tank with community fish including angels and tetras and barbs. My ph is low 6.6-6.9 and my gh is 11. Okay, Here's the choices: :biggrin:

Red cherry Shrimp

Dwarf green decora Algea eating Shrimp

Tiger Algea Etaing Shrimp

Bumblebee Shrimp

Or a

Rudolph Red-Nosed Shrimp?

Cumb Dunt

5 Year Member
I would check the sizes of these shrimp.

The cherry reds would doubtlessly end up as angel food. They're tiny.

ciclidcrazy!

5 Year Member
The red cherries get up to 1"

The bumble bee's get to 3/4"

The Tiger's get up to 1"

The Dwarf Emerald Green deora get's up to 1"

The rudolphs get up to 1"

Singapore's get up to 31/2

What woud be the best to get?:confused: Thanks, I haven't had a shrimp for awhile. :frown:

Cumb Dunt

5 Year Member
Personally, I feel those are *ALL* too small to be with angelfish, with the exception of the last one, which will probably go after your tetras.

What is your source for that info? IME, cherry reds don't usually pass about .5-.75 in.

ciclidcrazy!

5 Year Member
I ended up getting the singapore. I'll give him a try. He's now in a 2 gallon QT with some small plants and a small filter. He's doing great now!! :biggrin: Thanks for all your help!!

aspen

5 Year Member
hi tara. lots of people keep shrimp in s/a planted tanks, but IME they don't last long. it depends a lot on the temperment of your fish. some cichlids don't bother them at all, others are relentless. i've seen shrimp grown out quite large in discus amd angel tanks, but they both can be very mean as well. good luck.

rick

Cumb Dunt

5 Year Member
Tara,

Out of curiosity, how are you running your planted tank? CO2 or no? Substrate? Lights? Fertilizer regimen?

Not trying to infer anything, just curious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….