• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sexing Juvie Trifasciata

Jaspyjasp

I have some trifasciata juvies that are an 1” and slightly under. The rest are 1/2” so maybe too young still…

But What do you think these two (labeled B and C) are? Everyone looks female to me

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1713.jpeg
    IMG_1713.jpeg
    615.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1712.jpeg
    IMG_1712.jpeg
    646.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1717.jpeg
    IMG_1717.jpeg
    721.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1719.jpeg
    IMG_1719.jpeg
    737.8 KB · Views: 17

Jaspyjasp

@MacZ Its about an inch, but i guess needs more time. I didnt realize they needed so much time to grow. These two hatched in september 2023.

MacZ

Yes, I read they are about 1 inch. But 1 inch is about 2.5 cm, so they are still much too small.

It's possible the conditions were subpar, explaining the small size. Usually it's about 6 months until they reach sexable size ( = sale size). Typically temperature, water change frequency, water quality and food have significant impact on that.

Jaspyjasp

Yes, I read they are about 1 inch. But 1 inch is about 2.5 cm, so they are still much too small.

It's possible the conditions were subpar, explaining the small size. Usually it's about 6 months until they reach sexable size ( = sale size). Typically temperature, water change frequency, water quality and food have significant impact on that.
Ohh, yes 4cm is a ways from 2.5 (1”)! I admit I didnt feed bbs until march…then they started growing quickly. The newer 1/2” batch is growing faster bc of the bbs and the prepared foods. I’ll just keep waiting then. Thank you for ur input.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I have some trifasciata juvies that are an 1” and slightly under.
You can do them on behaviour, even when they all look juvenile / female. The males really don't like one another and start fighting from an early age.

I'm incredibly poor at both sexing and ID, but I think they are all females.

cheers Darrel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akramana

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(