• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Setup Feedback Please

MacZ

Love it!
Take it slow with the leaves. The first round is enough for the moment. The newly added leaves use up a lot of oxygen over the first 1-2 weeks.

HookedOnFish_MI

Love it!
Take it slow with the leaves. The first round is enough for the moment. The newly added leaves use up a lot of oxygen over the first 1-2 weeks.
Thanks! Ooh, I’m glad you said that. I feel like one of my males has his mouth open more than normal. Should I crank up the air stone/pump a bit?

MacZ

Thanks! Ooh, I’m glad you said that. I feel like one of my males has his mouth open more than normal. Should I crank up the air stone/pump a bit?

Nah, let them acclimate. Also, I don't see any use in an airstone if you have decent surface agitation. The reaction you see is not necessarily lack of oxygen but a reaction to tannins in the water. Wait and observe. :)

Jon Webb

Hello again! I was able to find another giant piece of spider wood for my 75 gallon and rescaped it and did a water change last night. I put the Mongolia leaves in the tank as well last night but decided to move them to a bucket of water this morning until they sink. Please give me your feedback on this setup for breeding Cacatuoides. I have 2 males and 2 females (females in a 10 gallon right now). I know I need more plants especially on the left and in front. Any thoughts on plant types? I have all anubias now since I don’t have fancy lighting or CO2. Also, would you just sit the plants on top of the leaf litter bed, or scatter the leaves around the plants?

View attachment 10001
View attachment 10002
View attachment 10003
I would suggest Amazon swords in the back. Tough, don’t need more light than you have, and fast growing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….