• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Safe for Aggassizzii fries?

kenkht

5 Year Member
I recently acquired a beautiful pair of Aggassizzii "double red". They are now in a tank (footprint 30in x 15in) together with:

3x Nothobrachius Beira (Killiefish),
4x Betta Rutilans,
6x Parosphromenus Deisneri and
3x Kuhli Loaches

I have lots of Plants in there, mainly Java Ferns and Nanas, with quite a few bogwood and some coconut shells (caves). Lots of hiding places.

I want to breed the Aggies and and wonder if any of the tankmates will be a problem for the eggs and fries?

farm41

5 Year Member
Ken,

The loaches will eat the eggs before they can hatch, if you want fry the loaches will have to go.

kenkht

5 Year Member
Quite right. I have netted out the loaches. Going to get the other out the others as well. Thanks for the input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….