• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

?s about a few apistogrammas

fish geek

the a. panduro, nijesseni or viejita. which is best to your knowing. and what about tank mates for a 20 gal. i like guppies, neon tetras, harlin rasboras and white clouds and what about serpa tetras are the ok

MacZ

which is best to your knowing
There is no objective best. Depends all on your goals and what you can provide.

I'd keep none of them in an 80 liter. Maybe a long, but then I recommend a singe male or having a second tank to separate them. Guppies don't make good combinations with Apistogramma in general.
Paracheirodon innesi and Tanichthys need lower temperatures than any of the species you named. Trigonostigma and H. eques do better in bigger numbers in bigger tanks.
I'm also pretty sure qhat you refer to as A. viejita is a domestic form of A. macmasteri. They grow quite big so they definitely are out.

anewbie

To add guppies do best in moderately hard water and most apisto want very soft water - i've had much better luck with wild apisto than farm raised apisto - to the point i now feel that farm raised apisto (and most fishes in general) is throwing your money down the drain. Species depend on your objective - panduro and nijesseni are quite similar so similar that people often get them confused. true viejita is very uncommon and usually a fish labelled viejita is not vijeita. white clouds tend to prefer cold water. neon are fine but will eat frys if you are breeding. Same for serpae but serpae are more aggressive than neon - personally i'd go for a fish that loves the top like kubotai rasbora or hatchet fishes.
-
Mind you i love serpae and have a whole bunch in a large aquarium but i wouldn't put them with dwarf cichild given that they tend to occupy the same level of the aquairum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….