• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rineloricaria fry in egg photos

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
Rineloricaria fry UPDATED

I recieved a group of Rineloricaria sp. three months ago and put them in with a group of wild angels and blue tetras. The fish are housed in a 150 gallon extra tall. I noticed pairing behavoir two weeks ago and left the tank alone for a day or so and was rewarded with a clutch of eggs laid on the front pane of glass. This was on the 27th. The male sat guard on the clutch until the 29th. When he abandoned them I removed the entire spawn with a new razor and a siphon. I was unsure if the eggs were abandoned because of pressure, fear, or unfertility. I decided to take a look at an egg. There were 49 eggs in all, three fell to the gravel and I was unable to retrieve them.

Photos: I hope you enjoy
DSC04609.jpg

DSC04608.jpg

DSC04607.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

I have a video but it is loading slowly. It clearly shows blood flow from gills to abdomen. I am working on getting it up.
Anyone know what these fry are going to want to eat? Its my first Rineloricaria spawn so I am in the dark, Were it an Angel, Discus, Tetra, Cory, or Apistogramma I know what to do next.

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
Very nice pics and well done on the breeding (even though this fish did most of the work :biggrin: !).

When I bred Ancistrus I fed them Nori sheets and cucumber. I think people feed mashed up squash too. Maybe they would do well on that too?

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
Thanks
The microscope was fired up this morning so new pictures by this evening. Its a handy thing to have around. Darn red and pink apisto eggs just dont show much detail on a dish slide. Discus and angel eggs do :biggrin:

Now if only my E-30 would show up I would be in buisness

jmtrops

5 Year Member
Did you pull the eggs before hatching? Have you raised these fry before?

Jim

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
Yes I pulled the eggs and they hatched within 18 hours. The complete hatchout took 7 hours. Here are some new photos.
DSC04648.jpg

DSC04647.jpg

A sharp eye may see that there is an oddball in the there. I rescued one Corydoras Adolfoi egg and it hatched in the container.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….