• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Re-spawn

kross

5 Year Member
how fast can a female apisto re-spawn after the last? Say, after fries grew up, while fries growing up or after the eggs didn't make it?

fishgeek

mine have turned it around in a couple of weeks if the fry have been lost
i would assume smaller spawns are likely with shorter intervals

andrew

Apistt_ed

A good 75% of my fish will spawn before the fry ( they are currently with) are even sexable. I have found that a protein rich diet and good water conditions are the main contributors in how "fast" the female can get ready, so to say... My trifacsiatas have been spawning on a regular of every 14 days with or without surviving fry/eggs. When there are fry, I have noticed that the father takes the group while the female fans and cares for the new batch... but sadly when the new brood is free swimming, the father leaves the previous fry and continues with the new ones. At that point, they are fending for themselves and the parents will even chase them away. My cacatuoides females spawns every 20 days or so... she's not as regular as the trifasciata females. My aggies are young but are regular at about 14days also. So, any time between 14days to up to a month depending on the diet and water parameters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….