• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Raleigh NC Fish Auction Sept 25

gerald

5 Year Member
We would LOVE to see more Apistogramma Forum folks here ...

Just 13 more days until the Raleigh Aquarium Society's annual auction on Sunday, September 25, 2011, starting at 11am, in the James Martin Building at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds. It's closest to the Trinity Rd entrance; see map on our RAS website: http://raleighaquariumsociety.org/workshop/index.html.

Please register your items for sale on-line at http://www.mygroupauctions.com/
It's quick, easy and free: First, create a user account with your email address and password, and enter the info requested. Check both the Seller and Buyer boxes (assuming you want to do both). Then under the "Prepare" tab, pick a "Club Affiliation" (Raleigh Aquar Soc), then click "Add Auction Items" to enter your stuff, or "Preview Auction Items" to see yours and everybody else's sale items. Click the "Avery labels" tab and voila - there's all your bag labels ready to print. Now can can just walk in, plop your labelled items on the sale tables, and start browsing the tables.

If you need more HELP see Users Guide: http://www.mygroupauctions.com/UsersGuide.pdf

You can still register to Buy or Sell items ON-SITE the old-fashioned way, but Sellers please come an hour or more before 11:00 to save yourself and RAS staff the headaches of last-minute rush to get your items registered.

*** NOTE: As of Sep 12 only two people have entered items; one of which is me. I assure you there will be LOTS more stuff (fresh and salt) entered in the final days and hours. Our past auctions typically run for 6 to 8 hrs !!!

gerald

5 Year Member
The Carolina Aquarium Workshop in Raleigh will be Feb 17-19. TED JUDY will be speaking on West African aquarium fishes and on his travels in Cameroon and/or Gabon (which will it be Ted)? We'll also have Eric Hanneman on Central American Cichlids, Mark Denaro on Wild Bettas and Anabantoids, Todd Wenzel on Barbs of Asia & Africa, Charles Clapsaddle on Fish Farming and Livebearers, Kris Weinhold (Guitarfish) on Planted Tanks.

Feb 17, Friday afternoon: Native fish/plant collecting trip
Feb 18, Saturday: Speakers, displays, raffle, and dinner banquet
Feb 19, Sunday: Auction of fish, plants, supplies, etc.

www.RaleighAquariumSociety.org

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Whichever talk you want! But I would go with Gabon... it has video, and i have been updating the program to talk about what has been happening with the fish a year after the trip.

gerald

5 Year Member
Carolina Aquarium Workshop 2012 Poster

I have a CAW 2012 color poster in PDF format, 198 KB. I can't attach it here (size limit for attachments is 19 KB), but if you'd like a copy to share with your local aquarium club and fish buddies, PM me your email address. Also, if you're within a reasonable day's drive from Raleigh (MD to GA to TN) and wouldn't mind printing a few copies (8.5 x 14" legal size) to post in favorite fish shops, nature centers, or wherever fish hobbyists might congregate, we'd appreciate it.

gerald

5 Year Member
BUMP ! ... Just one month until the Raleigh workshop (see post #2 above for speakers & events). I'm leading the native fish field trip on Friday, and we might catch banded pygmy sunfish, bluespotted and blackbanded sunfish, darters, and others that dwarf-cichlid keepers usually find appealing. Ted is arranging a rare fish donation from OddBallFish.com for the auction on Sunday. Hope some of you can come!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….