• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Potential T. candidi trouble...

raymond82

I have a trio of T. candidi in a 60x30x30 aquarium, despite their reputation they are doing well and breeding continuously. Now the two females spawned within 48 hours of each other in two caves less than 20 cm away! Hopefully that won't cause too much trouble when they become free swimming...

ff92ca32-d37b-4114-9e5a-3c24fd946fcf_zps9a8fc9c1.jpg

wethumbs

5 Year Member
I was breeding the T. candidi in trio as well. Both spawns were lost when the females spawned within a short duration. Better results when I was able to alternate the females in the same tank. I eventually pulled the spawns and raised them myself due to too much aggression. If your tank is big enough, it may work for you.

raymond82

I'll wait to see what happens, in the tank there are also around 15 fry of a month old plus another 15 fry that's is probably two months old. If both new nests are lost I'll take all the fry out and then wait for the next round.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….