• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible fry expectancy??

Jalzy

Hi guys and gals,

I went away to rome 3 days ago and came back to find one of my cave entrances has been blocked up, is it possible my apistos got "jiggy with it" while i was away? Here is a pic of the cave entrance.

2016-06-16 21.34.46.jpg

Thanks for your help
Anthony

Jalzy

Thanks mike hope i get some fry soon, in case she is guarding how long roughly at 27c can i expect to see free swimmers?

Jalzy

thank you, may have to wait a while longer now because i think the female has eaten the eggs as she has started to come out alot more recently (i checked the cave and found traces of eggs) so im currently waiting on a new spawn

Jalzy

Oh i know lol so far ive managed to breed Angelfish but lost the fry after 2 days of free swimming. Dwarf gouramis which i had 12/13 good size suvivors, and bronze corydoras which had 191 suvivors. Also done guppies and mollies. Now im doing apistogrammas and giving ember tetras a try.

Riippasaarni

Which apisto this is about? With agassizi it's quite easy to know if they are guarding fry. First female turns bright yellow.. and secondly she becomes quite aggressive to allmost everything that becomes too close.

Jalzy

The two apistos in question are:

Male:
2016-06-23 19.10.39.jpg

And female:
2016-06-23 19.09.50.jpg

Whenever the male flares at the female she goes a bright yellow colour and turns onto her side. Its really intresting to watch

TCMontium

5 Year Member
The two apistos in question are:

Male:
View attachment 6042

And female:
View attachment 6043

Whenever the male flares at the female she goes a bright yellow colour and turns onto her side. Its really intresting to watch

My female Pebas does the same move when the male comes close to her. I thought she was just being territorial but it turned out that she had fry in her coconut cave. She was not really all day waiting in her cave either, so there may be fry somewhere in your tank too. Maybe.

Jalzy

Oh intresting, think i may have to watch the tank closer see if i can see any, thank you all for yhe advice you have all provided

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….