• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Plz help with purchase decision

inexorable

5 Year Member
Hello. I am faced with deciding to purchase some A. sp. Tefe blue or A. gephyra. :confused: I would love to set up two 20 US gal. long tanks, six fish each for both species, but alas, I'm not quite there yet = ) Mark Denaro, Anubias Design http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anubiasdesign/ just had these shipped from Germany. I was hoping a few of you would share your thoughts about which one is more desirable (harder to get, prettier), which is easier to keep. I would think it is not advisable to house these fish together, being from the same complex, also similar appearance.

Btw, he also got in 25 Taenacara candidi, ten of which are getting shipped here to start a sweet species-only colony. I'm excited to see what kewl species he'll be able to offer in the future.

I'll tell you what, if I step back and think about it, this insidous, progressive apisto madness is scary. I'm gonna have my whole domicile crammed with tanks before I realize what happened.:eek:

feather2night

5 Year Member
Off the side, if it makes you feel better my domicile is full of tanks, and then I discovered the little guys with tude. Long story short, most of the Malawi's were traded in, down to 3 tanks of them, which of course made room for 2 pairs of apistogramma, and very soon new additions Anomalochromis thomasi - butterfly cichlid and Nannochromis transvestitus. Not counting after recent discovery of dwarf cichlids in general, normal kribs. albino kribs, bolivian rams and a lone blue ram. Feather

P.S. Kind of like the food you tasted as a kid, didn't know you liked it until you tried, tried it, fell in love with it, then of course couldn't get enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyzhCrord

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….