• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pelvicachromis Taeniatus spawn

mudskipper

I'm pleased to announce I have Bipindi fry! My investment in a RO filter and a stock of Almond leaves seems to have done the trick. Looks like 12-15 fry swimming about. Thanks to everyone here for all of the information on the site. While I have not had a lot of input to give, I have been absorbing everything I could.

Next up, my Kienke and Nanochromis Parilus.

Gordon C. Snelling

5 Year Member
Fish can be tough to get decent shots however thats the joy of digital cameras, you can take tones of photos to get that one good one.

mudskipper

Tomorrow will be a week since I first saw the fry. I don't want to think about pulling them yet if I can help it, but how long is it usually safe to leave them with the parents? I don't expect they will spawn again terribly quickly, but I don't want to lose any to aggression down the line when the next spawning happens.

briztoon

5 Year Member
When mine spawned, I wanted to waite untill week 6 before I pulled the fry. At week 4 the female started displaying to the male, so I pulled the fry at week 4. However the parents didn't spawn for another 4 weeks after that. This time around, I'm going to try and leave the fry for as long as possible.

mudskipper

Taeniatusandfry.jpg

A decent photo finally.

mudskipper

Thanks!

Yes, the father is still trading off care duties with the mother. They are both very nice looking, but every pic I have of him is blurry. I've been working on it and I think I'm getting the right settings for my camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….