• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pelvic fins color

DBlauj

Do males show any black in there pelvic fins or is that only in females? It kind of slipped my mind to take a better look at my female Barlowi but I noticed her pelvic fins are clear like the males. Could she be a sneaker male?

bseitz234

Once they reach maturity, I would expect at least a bit of the leading edge of the pelvic fin to be black. If she's not really in breeding dress the whole thing might not be, but in species I've kept, they at least retained a bit of black. Pictures would be helpful. Put a mirror in front of "her", it should be easier to see if she's defensive. Then again, a sneaker male probably wouldn't get particularly defensive...

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….