• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Paucisquamis (double tipped caudal fin)

blueblue

5 Year Member
Paucisquamis ^.^

pp_2_176.jpg

pp_1_109.jpg

pp_3_679.jpg

yorky

5 Year Member
Hi blue,
One of my fav fish.. I call it Paucisquamis orange twin-bar.
Heard that this trait does not breed through?
Can share your experience?

Milk

5 Year Member
Wow!!!!! Nice looking A.Paciquamis!!!!

Finally get to see this legendary paciquamis that some of the guys in Singapore are talking about...

Regards
Milk

blueblue

5 Year Member
Hi blue,
One of my fav fish.. I call it Paucisquamis orange twin-bar.
Heard that this trait does not breed through?
Can share your experience?

Hmm, actually, this feature can be inherited ^.^

I do have a question to ask: Have you (or any other
fellow here) ever seen a female pau (which has spawned)
with this orange twin-bar feature??? I have some pau which have
short ventral fin and round caudal fin... while i suspect that they
are in fact male...

blueblue

5 Year Member
Wow!!!!! Nice looking A.Paciquamis!!!!

Finally get to see this legendary paciquamis that some of the guys in Singapore are talking about...

Regards
Milk

Thanks Milk. I have actually collected 5 male specimens of this kind of
pau since a few months ago, two pairs are formed and are placed in breeding tanks ^_^

blueblue

5 Year Member
Another male pau with a little feature of the orange twin bar... the picture is not well taken, the real fish has a more obvious orange twin bar

pp_130.jpg

Milk

5 Year Member
No one in Singapore actually have A.paciquamis...actually none that i have know of...Maybe yorky have some keeps somewhere in his collection...:biggrin: :biggrin:

Regards
Milk

blueblue

5 Year Member
No one in Singapore actually have A.paciquamis...actually none that i have know of...Maybe yorky have some keeps somewhere in his collection...:biggrin: :biggrin:

Regards
Milk

Oh.. there were quite a lot in Hong Kong a few months ago as a store had imported 200 (or 300?!) young specimens directly from south america... Now all are basically gone...

Milk

5 Year Member
That's the problem here in Singapore.....we never have good import of wild Apistogramma as the markets here are not really ready to accepts them yet...

Regards
Milk

beleg

5 Year Member
Can you give more info about the fish? An importer will bring some f0 fish from Brazil(?). Price will be about 11 euros / 15 us$ i believe.

yorky

5 Year Member

Regards
Milk

Had a pair of A. paucisquamis 'novo iron' with orange twin bar about a year ago.
You can see the pic at AQ although the orange bar at the top of the caudal fin didn't quite come out in the photograph.

Genes

5 Year Member
So have anyone here succeeded in breeding them? Any tips? From what i heard, these guys are pretty sensitive fishes and its difficult to get these guys to spawn.

blueblue

5 Year Member
That's the problem here in Singapore.....we never have good import of wild Apistogramma as the markets here are not really ready to accepts them yet...

Regards
Milk

I truly understand and you probably could bring in some interesting fish from other places, such as HK to help to push the hobby up. Apistos should be more popular than currently in Singapore, i think :)

blueblue

5 Year Member
Can you give more info about the fish? An importer will bring some f0 fish from Brazil(?). Price will be about 11 euros / 15 us$ i believe.

Hi Beleg, the price that you listed is very very nice... but probably it is NOT for the one i posted here... (usually, in a bag of wild caught pau, only about 5%-10% would exhibit this orange twin bar...) in Hong Kong, if you do not offer more than 80 euro, i don't think you could find a pair of wildcaught
pau with this orange twin bar... and the average price is 100 euro a pair. ^.^

blueblue

5 Year Member
Had a pair of A. paucisquamis 'novo iron' with orange twin bar about a year ago.
You can see the pic at AQ although the orange bar at the top of the caudal fin didn't quite come out in the photograph.

i see... so, are you looking for them in HK? ^.^

blueblue

5 Year Member
So have anyone here succeeded in breeding them? Any tips? From what i heard, these guys are pretty sensitive fishes and its difficult to get these guys to spawn.

Some fellows here did and i also did. This species is, in my opinion, a bit technical in breeding as it requires very soft and acidic water. Moreover, wildcaught female pau is relatively difficult to find :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewShNN

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….