• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Panduro question

abrooks12376

Hello all, I've a almost year old pair of panduro.. had them in a 10g. For a spell. No action, male hid most of the time.. few months ago, moved them to a 20l, they just dropped their 2nd spawn, first happened 8 days after moving them.. about 6ish fry from the first spawn are still in the tank, 60 new little ones.. should I be worried about this situation? Just the pair in this tank. Few snails which she beats the crap out of, pretty funny to watch actually..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420585060564.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420585060564.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 351

abrooks12376

Thank you!! Its my only low tech setup but it's probably my fav.. so much going on in there for only 2 fish!

tobraham

That settles it... Panduro is going to be my next dwarf cichlid. GORGEOUS fish and a great looking tank. I've seen people take the fry out once the mother and father start showing aggression towards them. I've heard of mothers raising fry for a long time, and some others for a not so very long time. Have either shown aggression towards their remaining spawn?

abrooks12376

The father will rush them but that I'd as far as it goes. He mouth ' s the very small fry and returns them to the group. I was watching them this morning do their lights on patrol. so cool!!

ErtyJr

The father will rush them but that I'd as far as it goes. He mouth ' s the very small fry and returns them to the group. I was watching them this morning do their lights on patrol. so cool!!

If you want the remaining 6 to live you should get them out. Not that they won't make it, some will for sure but their odds will be raised if you remove em.

When the mother decides they are a threat to her new babies look out!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….