• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

panduro problems

R

rocketman

hello, this is my first post here. i have several species of apistos spawning with good success. although my apisto. panduro's have been spawning every other week. the eggs are either being ate by the female or something else is happening. my question is how long after the female has laid the eggs can they be removed. does the male fertilizr them soon after being laid or asthy are being laid. thanks.

Neil

rocketman,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Typically as soon as you can see the eggs (unless you see her laying them) they can be taken. The male usually fertilizes them during or shortly after she lays. But there are exceptions to the rules and there may be any number of reasons that the female is eating the eggs. If you intend to artificially hatch and rear the eggs, you have an advantage in that you have seen the females process before. If they are fungusing and then she eats them, then make sure you get them ealier than later. If she is fanning them and they look good, then there isn't quite the hurry.
Most apisto males are pretty quick to spread their seeds after they get a willing female, so you pretty much can try it anytime after you see that there are eggs. Good luck, Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….