• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pairing my apisto cacatuoides

RaduP

Hi everyone! I just got my first apisto a few days ago, alongside an angelfish who's his best friend...it's weird how well they get along. The angel even hangs with him in the cave and he's following the apisto everywhere :)).
However my question is if I should buy him a girlfriend (the store that I got him from had a lot of females too but he didn't seem to be paired with one). If so, can he or she reject each other like angel fish or severums do?
Thanks in advance for your answer and greetings from Romanian!
20210123_184640.jpg

20210123_184814.jpg

yukondog

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum Radup, they may be friends today but through a female in there, they wont be friends for long.

RaduP

Welcome to the forum Radup, they may be friends today but through a female in there, they wont be friends for long.
I hope they will get along(as I just ordered a girl for him) and ignore the angel as I saw in a lot of apistogramma community tanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….