- Messages
- 21
My male Honsloi is looking sad, has lost most of his colour, fins and tail clamped and is eating very little. He also rubs his belly on stones sometimes. I've had a good long look at his gills and belly with a magnifying glass and a hand microscope and can see nothing out of the ordinary. Until recently this fish was undisputed king of my community tank, until my over-sexed female nijsseni harassed her (second) partner to death, and started tring to "entice" the honsloi. I am reasonably certain that she's the cause of the honsloi's problems, but is there any way to control her other than to start yet another tank to stick her in? She's harassed 2 males to death with her demands, and now is larger than any males of her species I can find to buy here (basque country, northern spain) and I'm fairly sure a smaller male would go the same way as the previous two....