• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nijsseni fry question

Porkchop

Hello friends,

I recently spawned nijsseni fry (about 25), have left both parents with them, the female is not overly aggressive at all and the male is not interested in fry (although I make sure everyone is well fed). I have never raised this specific species before, do they have any special requirements as they mature or is it just normal transition for the little ones. Any guidance is much appreciated. Sorry only one pic I could get of one fry, not a camera guy. 20201217_113343.jpg20201217_113724.jpg

Thanks,
Porkchop
20201217_113724.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Treat them like other apisto fry. Male A. nijsseni tend to be mellow around their offspring. I've had juveniles in tanks with parent for several months.

Porkchop

Thank you for the follow up. Was hoping I could keep them together a while longer, its an interesting dynamic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….