• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newly described Apisto's from Colombia

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
thaks Mike

this fish was not wild caught, but bred by a south eastern asia farm with name "A.Blutkehl" at about 5 years ago.
but it doesn't looks like A.Blutkehl as the photo of A157 in Datz book

What is different? Color is not important.

i would like to ask do you have any photo or related link of real A.lineata? many thanks for all the help.

I have photos, but I only have permission to use the in my programs. I promised not to use them in publications or on line. Sorry. This is my standard permission to use other peoples' photos.

chch888

5 Year Member
You probably know these pictures (click) of A. flabellicauda and lineata by W. Staeck? However, after what Mike said about the caudal shape of A. lineata I'm no longer sure whether the picture really shows A. lineata.
yes Frank, i have found the photos in website by W.Staeck.
his A. flabellicauda is very similar to my A.uaupesi, so i also doubt about if it's true flabellicauda or not.
and the caudal fin shape of Staeck's A.lineata is lyrate, seems not in compliance with the description.

chch888

5 Year Member
What is different? Color is not important.

I have photos, but I only have permission to use the in my programs. I promised not to use them in publications or on line. Sorry. This is my standard permission to use other peoples' photos.

Tks Mike, i can fully understand your concern.

in the beginning, when i am checking the specimen photo of A. lineata in Lasso's report, i thought it might be A. sp. iniridae(with throat stains).
the following are the fishes in my tank, and the last one is A. flabellicauda?

A. sp. iniridae
IMG_7102_mb.jpg

this is true A. flabellicauda?
photo1012 380_mb.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
It's nearly impossible to identify fish from a single photo - especially if the fish show no dark body markings. That being said, there are specimens of A. iniridae that have red markings on the face, like A 160 in the DATZ book. The lower fish doesn't look like A. flabellicauda to me. Caudal spot rows are prominent only on the posterior half on this species. Your fish appears to have spot rows through almost the entire caudal fin. Bork's photo labeled A156 in the DATZ book and bottom right photo on page 41 in the Aqualog Extra, The latest Apistogrmma book conform to the description of A. flabellicauda. These photos show F1 males bred by Willy Mikschofski from specimens collected by Heiko Bleher in the Rio Uaupés, Brazil. It appears that the species' range extends beyond those listed in the original description.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….